can we connect axi gpio to axi traff gen start stop bits

sandy3129

Question

1) can we connect axi gpio signals which is on the slave side to the axi traffic gen start, stop bits, which is on the master side of the axi interconnect, how can we do it??, since my axi gpios width cannot be a single bit which can be given to the axi traffic gen start stop bits.

2)I want to enable my axi traffic gen, on start bit from the axi gpio and write the data into the axi register which is on the slave side??

kindly help me I'm beginner to vivado model based design. i have build design as per the image attached on addition to this, i want to add the above features to it as well.

Regards

Sandeep

vivado.jpg

7 answers to this question

@sandy3129 / Sandeep,

I think I've read through your post about five times over, and I'm still not quite certain what you wish to do.  You wish to connect GPIO to the axi traffic generator ... why?  To test whether or not the AXI interface works?  Wouldn't it make more sense to do that from the Zynq CPU?  Is there a particular AXI function that you wish to know if it works?

Dan

hai D@n,

i actually want to test axi gpio, i have already tested the transaction between the axi traffic gen to bram ,,, by exporting the design to SDK and reading the address,  just want to test the axi gpio hence i am giving gpio input to axi traffic generator through axi gpio, and wanna enable it to start , stop of traffic generator.

btw hw do i give start stop enable pins from zynq to traffic gen, where do i need to select it in zynq?.

@sandy3129,

Wouldn't it just make more sense to have your Zynq processor test your GPIO port?  Write a program that sets an output high, write another one that sets the output low, connect the GPIO to an LED, and run each program.  If you weren't convinced that the program worked, then try a third program that toggles the LED.

I'm really not certain that throwing random AXI requests at a GPIO would result in any useful test result.  Usually with testing, you want to place into your device under test a known input, and verify that you get the known output you are expecting.  I'm not sure you'd get that from an AXI test generator.

Dan

Ok fine il try to implement this way, lastly the data that is generating from traffic generator is random numbers, can it generate a sequetial data like counter, or can i give a counter data and verify it in SDK  using traffic generator?

i have used trafic gen in high level traffic in data mode.

Archived