Analog Discovery 1 Calibration Not Working

Mark R. Florkowski

Question

I recently went to use my Analog Discovery 1 and I found that it was giving me all sorts of strange results that I did not expect. I figured that the calibration must have drifted since I hadn't used the device in a year or so, but when I performed a calibration it was still significantly off. Here's a link to an album showing comparisons between the AD1's readings versus a multimeter: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q6FpLmYUaVb1dQSFpIQVJYWXc . I don't really know what to do at this point, but perhaps someone here has run into this issue before and can recommend a fix. Thanks!

Edit: For what it is worth, I have tried using different USB cables, different ports on my computer, different computers/operating systems, different jumper wires, and a different breadboard all to the same effect.

6 answers to this question

Hi Mark,

Did you try using the Calibration wizard? This allows you to calibrate the Analog Discovery using your DMM. I have attached a screen shot of where to find it in wafeforms 2015. If this does not fix the issue could you attach clearer screen shots of how the jumpers are connected to the breadboad as well as your setup of the Analog Discovery.

thank you,

Jon

AD_esc.jpg

On 1/27/2017 at 4:32 PM, jpeyron said:

Hi Mark,

Did you try using the Calibration wizard? This allows you to calibrate the Analog Discovery using your DMM. I have attached a screen shot of where to find it in wafeforms 2015. If this does not fix the issue could you attach clearer screen shots of how the jumpers are connected to the breadboad as well as your setup of the Analog Discovery.

thank you,

Jon

AD_esc.jpg

I have tried using the calibration wizard, the pictures from my previous post were taken immediately after I completed the wizard. As can be seen the wavegen seems to be holding a calibration fine, but the scope will not read the values correctly. I attached two photos showing the connections of the jumpers with the following color code:

Green: Scope 1 +

Yellow: Scope 1 -

Red: Scope 2 +

Blue: Scope 2 -

Black: Ground

Red2: Wavegen1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q6FpLmYUaVRTVia2wyTWVpVWc

5 hours ago, attila said:

Hello,

During the Scope calibration first phase make sure to connect 1+-2+- to ground then 1+2+ to W1.

You could revert to the factory calibration parameters in calibration windows under reset dropdown.

Yes, I did this. I made sure to follow the calibration wizard carefully. I have also tried resetting to factory calibration to no avail. At this point I am inclined to believe that there is a hardware related issue. 

Archived