The Zybo's USB to JTAG interface

RggBer

Question

Hi:

I am creating a board based on XC7Z010-1CLG400.  According to the design requirements, I need to intergrate the USB to JTAG circuit on board to simplify user's work processing. I can not find the circuit on Zybo SCH. But I found these is similar circuit done by FT232HQ and 93LC56BT on Zed sch. Then my questions are:

1) Dose this circuit make sense to XC7Z010-1CLG400?

2) Are these any additional configurations need to be processed on FT232HQ or 93LC56BT?

3) Are these any additional configurations need to be processed on PC side or Vivado side?

Tks!

5 answers to this question

Rggber,

Unfortunately this part of the design is concidered proprietary. That is why there is a blank page on our schematic. For more information about the programming circuit you would need to contact sales about licensing for our programing solution.

cheers,

Jon

@RggBer,

Digilent's design may be proprietary, but Xess.com does have a board for sale with public schematics, and published software for the task as well.  Admittedly, it's a Spartan S6 board, but I'd be surprised to find that many differences.  While you can program the board, and I have, I have no assurance that you can do so via the Xilinx tools.  I personally haven't found that to be much of a speed bump though.

Dan

I have seen some code that enables the use of FTDI 2232 and openocd with the Xilinx tools, but it required more steps than I wanted to go through to install it.

If you want to use Chipscope / Integrated Logic Analyzer, at the moment I would recommend using the Digilent JTAG SMT module. It's well supported in the software.

If you're going to use an FTDI chip, I recommend FT2232 because you can support JTAG and serial connections with one device. That is also true for at least one of the Digilent JTAG SMT modules.

If you just want to program over JTAG you can use openocd (I have only tested this with Spartan 6 but it claims to support Zynq). The FT2232 datasheet documents the use of MPSSE mode for JTAG and SMT. Well, it documents the pinout for those modes.

On 2017/1/27 at 2:28 AM, jpeyron said:

Rggber,

Unfortunately this part of the design is concidered proprietary. That is why there is a blank page on our schematic. For more information about the programming circuit you would need to contact sales about licensing for our programing solution.

cheers,

Jon

Please just send me the link of sales

Archived