Waveforms SDK AnalogIn Measurement Functions

urklang

Question

Is there a way to execute "Defined Measurement" functions on an analog input stream from inside a custom Waveforms SDK program? I'm particularly interested in running a frequency measurement from my custom application (but ideally all of the factory defined measurement functions would be available).

Judging by the SDK documentation, it seems that the only way to accomplish such a feat is to re-implement the calculation by hand such that it runs against an appropriate buffer of acquired samples. I don't want to duplicate this effort unless it's absolutely necessary. Even being able to see how these functions are implemented for the internal Waveforms functionality would be helpful if they can't be made available via the SDK API (apparently these implementations are kept secret; they are not visible in the measurement "Edit" window).

UPDATE: I've established that the measurement functions are available from the Javascript API. Is it possible to boot a headless Waveforms and immediately execute a Waveforms "Script"? It doesn't seem to be possible execute a Waveforms "Script" from the normal Waveforms SDK; this would be really useful. But something along the lines of this would be great:

/usr/bin/waveforms --run /path/to/MyCoolCustomScript.js

where the script file is just a normal Waveforms "Script" like what you would run from the Script device.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

The WaveForms SDK provides low level functions to control (like taking an acquisition) the instrumentation devices.

The higher level features found in WaveForms 2015 application are available in the interface and in its script tool. At the moment the application does not have argument to start an instrument just to load a project/workspace, like: waveforms myworkspace.dwf3work

Archived