Interfacing DA2 with zybo Board

samikhan0105

Question

5 answers to this question

Than Jpeyron for your response.

Can you please help me in one more thing.

I like to send random digital values to DA2 and in response wants the equivalent voltages from the output of DA2 (which can be verify from Multimeter.) by making a custom IP. Do you have any idea how to do this.

For this I will be making an ip for DA2 to interface with zybo over SPI communication.

Hi samikhan0105,

Just to confirm you are looking to make an IP that will work with the ZYNQ architecture? Otherwise the verilog code provided in the link below will work in vivado on the zybo with only a one change, using an xdc for the zybo instead of a xdc for the Nexys 4. Here is a basic step by step process for making a custom ip from existing VHDL/Verilog code.  

1) make an empty project in Vivado for the zybo

2) add the code verilog/vhdl code to the project(in this case adjusting the DA2RefComp code from the veriloge example and DA2.vhd for the VHDL example here ) 

3) go to tools and select create and package IP

4) select package your current project

5) select where you want the ip to be made and keep include .xci file selected

6) click on compatibility and select the family of fpga you would like it to work on or select all of them if you would like, life cycle beta.

7) click on review and package and click on package IP, click yes

and at this point you have made a custom ip! 

Hi samikhan0105,

Unfortunately we do not have an IP for the PmodDA2. It is on the list to have an IP made for it. Currently, I would not be able to give you an ETA for it being made. On the above comments i have posted links to making custom IP's as well as a very basic step by step of the process of making the IP in vivado. 

thank you,

Jon

Archived