B SULLY

Cant Generate a License File

I am having a hell of a time activating my license. When I click on the Vivado License Manager I get an error:

"Error when launching C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2016.4\bin\vlm.bat: Launcher time out " I read something about uninstalling any Microsoft Redistributes Package prior to 2010. Dose anyone know how to work around this problem? I have several but I know if I get rid of them it will crash other programs that put them there. I included my install log.

xinstall.log

Edited by B Sully

Hi B Sully,

I found this thead on Xilinx forum. The last entry looks like what you need to do. Let use know if the problem continues.

cheers,

Jon 

Thanks, I don't know why I could't find that forum conversation. I will let you know if it works. It sounds like I need to uninstall all 2012 C++ redist then click the VLM and reinstall the 2012 C++ package (again).

I was able to get Vivado License Manager to run by uninstalling all 2012 Microsoft C++ Redistrobutable packages then rebooting. Once reboot click on Vivado License Manager...

actually I don't know what I did but I got VLM to launch. Now I need to figure out what I need to to after that.

@jpeyron, could you re-link to that thread you found? For some reason I'm not finding the aforementioned link in your comments, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,
JColvin