59 Sprite Driver

BeagleBone not connecting

Question

I have a new copy of LabVIEW home with LINX 3.0 installed connected to a BeagleBone Black.  I can ping the BeagleBone at 192.168.7.2 and even Putty into it and perform Linux commands.  However, I cannot get LINX to connect to the BeagleBone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Thanks for the quick response AustinStanton.  It was in the LINX Target Configuration that I was getting the error.  I found a separate post that addressed this and led me to the solution.  It turned out that LINX was looking for  Renci.SshNet.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\MakerHub\LINX\Resources .  I found a LinxResources.zip file there and extracted the files.  After that LINX now connects to the BeagleBone.  My understanding is that this should be automatically extracted as a script at the end of the installation routine but for some reason it did not get done.  Thanks again for your help.

I found that if you are using Debian Stretch now, the BBB defaults to username: debian and password: temppwd.

Was stuck with this for a bit, so I figured I may not be the only one!

Hi,

I am having the same issue with I can ping beaglebone and even use Putty, however, LiNX does not connect to BBB. I have followed the steps in the video and the solutions provided in this thread. But I am getting the same error.

Is there anything else that I could do?

thanks,

adi