Analog Discovery 2 buffer size change

Ross Arnott

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to capture a 400kHz I2C waveform for a second or two using the logic analyzer function. Because the AD2  buffer size is small I am using record mode.  When I do this with the default device configuration in the device manager (option 1 16x4k for Logic) I get the error "Samples were lost! Reduce sample rate".  If I reduce the buffer dize and the sample rate I can change the message to "Samples could be lost! Reduce sample rate".

My understanding is that I should be able to operate at 1-2MHz and that it's the USB bandwidth in conjunction with the buffer size that is the limitation. I tried to use the device manager to increase the buffer memory allocated to the logic analyser on the AD2, trying to change to option 4 16x16k, however whenever I do that the AD2 stops capturing data altogether.  When I press record it goes to the "armed" state, but the acquisition doesn't trigger.  I can change back to option 1 and it captures data again.  

This seems like a bug to me, unless I am missing something.  Any suggestions? 

2MHz capture should be sufficient for me and was the reason I bought the device.  Less than that isn't much good for my application.

Thanks,

Ross

9 answers to this question

Archived