ARC debugging using FPGA

Prashanth iyer

Question

Hi,

I am trying debug a ARC CPU using metaware debugger software. I am using the ZYNQ 706 board. I have ARC CPU RTL in the Fabric of the FPGA. I have PMOD pins of the fpga connected to the 4 wire JTAG of the ARC CPU. I am planning to connect the FPGA to the Host PC using Digilent HS2 Cable. My board setup is as follow.

1. Xilinx digilent cable for programming the board.

2. Another Digilent HS2 cable for PMOD PINS Of the FPGA to the Host PC.

I am facing difficulty installing the digilent drivers I host PC. Metaware Debugger is not detecting the Digilent cable.

I am getting following error.

Failed to load /nfs/asic/tools/synopsys/nsim/J_2014_12/MetaWare/arc/bin/apidglnt with reason:
libdmgr.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

Where can I find libdmgr.so.2 driver for 32- bit version .

Regards,

Prashanth Iyer

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Digilent has little to no support available for Synopsys MetaWare, so we won't be much help in that regard.

Doing a little bit of research shows that the file that wasn't able to be found is part of Adept 2 which you can download from its Wiki page: https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/software/adept/start. However, I don't personally know if this will alleviate the problem. If you run into further issues, feel free to ask back on this thread and I can see if we can answer them for you or not.

Thanks,
JColvin 

Ok thanks. I have follow up questions as to which runtime driver should i use with the metaware debugger? Metaware is 32 bit executable and i am running on 64 bit redhat machine. 

I am using http://store.digilentinc.com/jtag-hs2-programming-cable/ cable for my JTAG connection. This cable seems to be for programming purpose only will it work if i am using this cable to connect to ARC JTAG chain using FPGA PMOD JTAG pins?

Thanks,

Prashanth Iyer

Archived