AD2 - Unlimited samples for logic analyzer as compared to Saleae

littledino2112

Question

Hi, 

The AD2 as a logic analyzer lacks the capability to infinitely record samples as compared to Saleae LA. In Record mode, i can only record a maximum of 10M samples, with 20MHz sampling rate for 8MHz SPI communication, i can only record samples for 0.5 second! Hardware-wise, the 2 equipment are pretty comparable. I think this limitation is only on the software side. Does anybody know if this is possible and if there's any plan to implement this in the near feature?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Hello,

I have tagged the primary author of the WaveForms software, @attila, and the product manager of the AD2, @Commanderfranz, for comments on this. It's technically a holiday today (for New Years since the first was on a Sunday) so more likely you'll hear back from them later this week (depending if they are on vacation, I don't know if they are or not).

Thanks,
JColvin

Sorry for digging this old thread. @attila, i think this is a stellar feature. This will make AD2 so much more usable as a logic analyzer. Although i use my AD2 in a daily basic, i found myself switching to Salaea for logic analyzer due to its capability to infinitely capture samples (of course, there's a limitation which is my hard drive size). Looking forward to future update.

Thanks

Hoang

Archived