Controlling a digital indicators with raspberry and Labview

Eidin

Question

hi everyone,
i am kind of new there.
I have an external device (Mahr digital indicator extramess 2001). I have to run this with labview which for I have already made a Vi. Now I need to use linx to run this vi on raspberry ( the goal is to run it as Standalone). i can upload the Vi on raspberry (with Linx) but i dont get any results. i have no idea where the problem is.
So my questions:
I haven’t used any of linx function. could this be a problem? Is it possible to make the vi run on raspberry without using them?
if not how can I integrate the linx functions in my project,?( I tried ones but even by the read function i got problems) and if yes how? 
I upload a simplified version of my Vi hope some one can help me

nur dicke ohne speichern (1).vi

3 answers to this question

yeh with the port i know. but still i get an error," it could not find the right port" for me it is dev/ttyUSB0. but i have to say i haven't tried with linx open and close. i have already put my Vi online can u show it to me how exactly i have to use them? i have tried some combination but sadly no successes.

and thx again alone for your answer 

Start by putting a LINX open as the first thing on your diagram, make sure you set it to local IO and then connect its error out to the error in of the "Visa configure serial port". Next, run the error out wire from your "VISA close" to a LINX close and then connect the LINX resource output wire of the LINX open to the LINX close. Now try it with the LINX open and close and double check that dev/ttyUSB0 is the correct format for VISA. I've heard that VISA has an issue with specific drivers so it could be that you won't be able to use that device with the RPI thanks to the VISA bug. 

Austin Stanton

Archived