Zybo webserver

Niels00126

Hi @studogger,

In that thread the customer stated that they had what they needed. Unfortunately, due to time constraints i did not continue the project you refereed to. I have received another request for similar help. When i have some available time i will work on incorporating data from the board being sent through the Ethernet. This may take a little bit of time due to time sensitive tasks that need to be completed. 

cheers,

Jon

Hi @D@n

I think the last time I thought about using UDP was when I was still trying to figure out how to get information off my Zedboard.  I think UDP would be a viable solution, although I think I am still stuck at how do I access the those same data structures mentioned earlier.  I am probably just having a mental hang up on how do I initiate the comms since nearly all of the examples I see of Ethernet comms involves responding to a query.

@studogger,

See ... that's where UDP becomes so valuable.  You can "broadcast" UDP packets without needing a connection.  Anything, then, on your network can then listen for and receive the packets.  Even better, if you don't want to build the reader, you might find the "netcat" can handle the receive side, making it so that all you have left to do is to just blindly transmit the UDP packets from your device.

Dan

Archived