MacOS 12 support on legacy Analog Discovery

Grant

Question

Hello all, I'm a new user so I'm hoping this is the right forum to ask this question.  

I have the original Analog Discovery and have loaded the driver and Waveforms successfully.  Waveforms recognizes when I plug in the AD USB but when I select my device I get the following message:

JtscInitScanChain  failed 0x3E9 Device programming failed.

I just checked my MacOS level and I am at 10.12.1 which is obviously not listed in the supported MacOs versions. :(

Where can I find out if MacOS 10.12.1 (Sierra) will be supported by Waveforms in the future?  Maybe there is no intention to?

Thanks for any guidance

8 answers to this question

This is the second unresolved thread I've seen where macOS 10.12+ users have been unable to get Waveforms 2015 working with the Analog Discovery (original or 2).  I've got an A.D. 2 sitting in my online cart, and would love to pull the trigger, but the 20% (!) restocking fee is scaring me off.  Has anyone gotten this working with a modern release of macOS?  @attila Has Mac support been dropped for the app?  (10.11 was released over 2 years ago now, so if that's indeed the latest supported version I'm guessing Mac support is falling by the wayside.)  Really hoping that's not the case, as the A.D.2 looks like an awesome tool!

On 11/17/2017 at 1:52 PM, jpeyron said:

Hi @JayRoe,

@attila answered your similar post about using the AD2 with a MAC here.

cheers,

Jon

10 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @JayRoe

I updated OS-X from 10.12 to 10.13 (High Sierra) and WaveForms is working fine with the devices.

(grrrr... now I can't access the Macintosh partition from BaseCamp Windows...)

Thanks @jpeyron and @attila, and I see that macOS 10.12 & 10.13 are now listed as supported on the website :-)  I just responded on that other thread, basically asking whether the 20% restocking fee (mentioned at http://store.digilentinc.com/shipping-returns/) would apply if a customer can't successfully use their device with their particular Mac within the 14-day return period.  Would it be possible to get a definitive answer from the Sales team?

Archived