Sign in to follow this  
Sophia_123

How to get the data from lwip?

Question

Hi,

I am using ethernet of Zybo,and want to utilize lwip to realize tcp,however,how can I obtain the data reveived from raw api and save it in BRAM or distribute ram?

Regards,

Sophia

2 answers to this question

Hi Sophia,

I personally haven't used lwip, so I'm not able to directly answer your question, but I imagine (coming from more of a C++ based background where this sort of suggestion is fairly straightforward) you would want to first be able to collect the data from using lwip and then write it to BRAM. Here are a couple of places that I have found that discuss how they might get data from lwip (as opposed to just confirming it was received) here and here. Here is a Xilinx thread talking about how they would read and write data into BRAM; it's for a Spartan 3A, but I imagine that the guides that are referenced in that thread also exist for Zynq chips.

Thanks,
JColvin

19 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi Sophia,

I personally haven't used lwip, so I'm not able to directly answer your question, but I imagine (coming from more of a C++ based background where this sort of suggestion is fairly straightforward) you would want to first be able to collect the data from using lwip and then write it to BRAM. Here are a couple of places that I have found that discuss how they might get data from lwip (as opposed to just confirming it was received) here and here. Here is a Xilinx thread talking about how they would read and write data into BRAM; it's for a Spartan 3A, but I imagine that the guides that are referenced in that thread also exist for Zynq chips.

Thanks,
JColvin

thanks for reply,I have got the data