Pmod8

Esonwe

How do I turn on LCDs on Pmod board using a Compiler? I understand that I need to activate the board and turn on the unit before I can utilize the LCDs. I am a student and I am working on a project. Any input is considered helpful. Thank you

Hi Esonwe,

More information would help. What Pmod, board and IDE are you using? Without knowing the specifics i would say that the basic steps to getting a LCD working would be:

1. getting the communication working(i.e. spi,i2c,uart or gpio) between the board and the pmod. Might require an O-scope. 

2. Reviewing the IC's reference manual of the LCD to get the initialization process down. This is writing specific info to certain registers.

3. sending the data that you want it to display along with configuration commands i.e where on the display, what color or even to erase the display. 

Here is the reference page for the PmodCLP which has examples using the PmodCLP with a microcontroller using MPIDE IDE as well as an FPGA using Xilinx ISE.

Here is the reference page for the PmodCLS which has examples using the PmodCLS with a microcontroller using MPIDE IDE as well as an FPGA using Xilinx ISE. The reference page also has the instruction set provided on the bottom of the page. Hope this helps!

cheers,

Jon

Archived