analog discovery/waveforms displaying average/ min-max

pk72

Question

Hello,

I'd like to say thank you for such a terrific product with mature and capable software with such a price tag. I really use it a lot. The network analyzer feature is terrific. Many makers of USB scopes nowadays incorporate AWGs into their products, but none of them realizes that this will make a network analyzer if they provide the software.

The other reason I am writing is a thing I was scratching my head at and could not find an answer in the software maual. When you look at a noise signal with waveforms scope there often is a first trace with smaller amplitude and a second trace with pale colour and a larger amplitude. (see attached)

After fumbling for some time I found that the first trace is the averaged/decimated signal and the second trace the min/max signal. Maybe you can add this in the manual some day?

post-497-0-05922100-1423818919_thumb.png

1 answer to this question

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

In the manual it is only written: "Noise Band: shows or hides the noise (min/max values)."

Beside the default averaged samples a small amount of min/max values at lower resolution are stored. This is represented as band on the plot.

This indicates glitches or high frequency components that might be hidden by the averaging.

The following frequency sweep might look like damped signal (C1), but noise band on R1 indicates that this is not true.

post-36-0-84353500-1423821068_thumb.png

Archived