mixsemi

How to restore FT2232 EEPROM back to factory settings?

Question

Hi Everyone,

Just accidentally flashed the EEPROM attached to the FT2232 device on the Arty. The board is dead without the USB connection. Been using for 2 months without issues until today.

In Vivado it is showing:

"ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-469] There is no current hw_target.". 

when trying to Auto Connect with the target in Hardware Manager.

Within FT_Prog (FTDI's flash tool), the registers (e.g. serial number, vendor ID, D2XX/VCP driver ...) can all be read and modified. How can it be restored back to Digilent factory setting? Is there an FT_Prog template that we can use?

Thanks,

Robin

17 answers to this question

Dear Jon,

Thank you.

We went ahead and purchased another Arty from Digilent yesterday as it is gating our project. However, if Bianca can help bring back a dead Arty, it will be awesome.

Regards,

Robin

Hi,

I'm having the same exact problem as @mixsemi i accidentally erased EEPROM attached to the FT2232 device on the Arty.

i used the FT_PROG utility provided by the FTDI (http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm#FT_PROG) to change the driver from "Virtual Com Port" to "D2XX Direct" to test an application that i am developing in my ARTY board.

After that my arty is no longer recognized by Vivado hw manager. It's state remains unconnected while arty is plugged and all power leds are ON.

Before using the FT_Prog utility arty was working perfect in Vivado.

In the Device Manager of windows i can see two USB serial converters A & B while i think before using the FT_Prog it was Digilent USB converter or something like that.

Is there something i can do to fix this?

BR,

skakon

PS1: i had followed the solutions provided here without success

Hi JColvin,

I'm having the same problem as skakon . i accidentally erased EEPROM attached to the FT2232 device.

please guide me to restore EEPROM.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Hi

I have a JTAG-SMT3-NC , Unfortunately  I erase the eeprom on the board with FT_prog accidentally, 

And Now VIVADO can not find the FPGA, can anyone help me to reconfig the eeprom?:unsure:

Thanks

Edited by david bowie

Hi @david bowie,

I'll have to reach out to some other engineers to see if I can get the correct reprogramming application; the current one that I have does not have direct support for the JTAG-SMT3-NC.

Thank you,
JColvin

18 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @david bowie,

I'll have to reach out to some other engineers to see if I can get the correct reprogramming application; the current one that I have does not have direct support for the JTAG-SMT3-NC.

Thank you,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

I'm waiting for your answer

Thank you

Hello,

I was programming an external ft232h board, forgot to uncheck the digilent HS2 when I was programming it. How can I restore the HS2 programmer?

-Gytis