CMOD A7 Dimensions

bikerglen

Question

I’m making a footprint for Eagle PCB to mount the CMOD A7 board to my board. I looked at the datasheet for the CMOD A7. It says the board is 0.7 inches by 2.75 inches and the pins are on a 0.1 inch grid. But the datasheet does not specify the distance between the two rows of pins or their offset from the edge of the board. Is a better mechanical drawing available? Specifically, I’m looking for the distance from the edges of the board to pin 1, 24, 25, or 48 and the distance between the two rows of pins.

Looking at Figure 7.1 in the data sheet, my assumption is left edge - 50 mils - pin 24 - 600 mils - pin 25 - 50 mils - right edge. But I still need the dimensions bottom edge - ??? mil - pin 24 - 23*100mils - pin 1 - ??? - top edge.

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

Hi Jon,

I stumbled across this page when trying to find the CMOD pin dimensions. I am looking for an IC holder for the A7. I've been looking on a lot of electronics supply sites and can't find any with sockets suitable for the CMOD pins. Do you know any specific IC holders which work with the CMOD boards? I have already purchased some which wouldn't accommodate the CMOD pins.

Thanks,

Conor

6 hours ago, Conor_Bellew said:

Hi Jon,

I stumbled across this page when trying to find the CMOD pin dimensions. I am looking for an IC holder for the A7. I've been looking on a lot of electronics supply sites and can't find any with sockets suitable for the CMOD pins. Do you know any specific IC holders which work with the CMOD boards? I have already purchased some which wouldn't accommodate the CMOD pins.

Thanks,

Conor

Have you looked at using individual pin sockets like these for example?

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/mill-max-manufacturing-corp/0339-0-15-80-15-27-10-0/ED90598-ND/2639507

These accept a .51 to .81 mm diameter pin. You'd build a board with a bunch of ~1.5 mm drills then press and solder these in place then plug the board into them.

I have not used these with this board but I have used a larger versions of these pin sockets from Harwin and Mill-Max to build sockets for Nixie and VFD tubes.

14 minutes ago, bikerglen said:

Have you looked at using individual pin sockets like these for example?

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/mill-max-manufacturing-corp/0339-0-15-80-15-27-10-0/ED90598-ND/2639507

These accept a .51 to .81 mm diameter pin. You'd build a board with a bunch of ~1.5 mm drills then press and solder these in place then plug the board into them.

I have not used these with this board but I have used a larger versions of these pin sockets from Harwin and Mill-Max to build sockets for Nixie and VFD tubes.

Ignore that. These sockets are too small. Aren't these just standard 0.025" square post headers on the CMOD A7? If so, that 0.64 mm dimension is the edge of the square post; not the diameter of a circular pin.

Use two single inline header strips placed in parallel 0.6" apart. Two of these should work provided I counted the number of pins on the CMOD A7 correctly:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/samtec-inc/SSW-124-01-G-S/SAM1209-24-ND/1112083

12 hours ago, bikerglen said:

Ignore that. These sockets are too small. Aren't these just standard 0.025" square post headers on the CMOD A7? If so, that 0.64 mm dimension is the edge of the square post; not the diameter of a circular pin.

Use two single inline header strips placed in parallel 0.6" apart. Two of these should work provided I counted the number of pins on the CMOD A7 correctly:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/samtec-inc/SSW-124-01-G-S/SAM1209-24-ND/1112083

They will work perfect Bikerglen. Thanks very much.

Archived