Mistake in Reference Manual for Orbit BoosterPack

AxPi

Hi all,

I'm new here, I'm just starting project using a Tiva C  Launchpad and a Digilent Orbit BoosterPack.

I don't know the right place on the website to report errors in the documentation, so I came here. If you know where I should take my information, please point me there.

Ok, so, I was looking through the Orbit BoosterPack reference manual, studying the list of pins used and available. I compared it to the user's manual for the Tiva C Launchpad, which the Orbit is designed to work with. I found that in the Orbit reference manual, there was a mistake in the pinout table on page 4 and 5. Pins 4 and 5 of header J4 were listed as connecting to the microcontroller port and bit PF0 and PF1 respectively. Note that header J3 pin 7 is also recorded as connecting to PF1. That makes the mistake very obvious.

I checked the user manual for the Tiva C launchpad to find the correct port and bit information. It was on page 9 to 11. It says that the header pins 4.04 and 4.05 are connected to PC4 and PC5, not PF0 and PF1. It also says that header pin 3.07 is connected to PE1, not PF1. Just for completeness, the pins which are connected to PF0 and PF1 are 2.04 and 3.10, which are not connected on the Orbit BoosterPack.

Out of curiosity, I checked the rest of the pins. There is another mistake with header J1 pin 6: it is recorded as PF5 but it is actually PE5. In fact, PF5 doesn't exist on the Tiva C Launchpad.

I hope this information helps someone fix the documentation for the Orbit BoosterPack product.

Regards,

AxPi

Archived