JTAG-HS2 Programming Cable

FAWAD

Question

I need to know how i can program the SPI FLASH using these cable.I am using xilinx spartan 6 

because when i use adept software ,i only see xilinx spartan 6 while scan the device using adept software but how i can change this into SPI MODE in ADEPT software so that i can program the flash.

I have binary file  in .dat format for programming the SPI ?is it Adept software support it or not

1 answer to this question

@FAWAD,

I can point you to a project that I used for programming the SPI flash on a CMod S6 device.  Actually programming the flash required a couple of steps:

1. Loading a Program SPI project onto the device.  You could do this easily enough via just about any controller that can load an image onto a device.

2. Then, you will need to transfer your data from your local computer to the device flash.  For that purpose, I have both a C++ flash driver (to run on the host), as well as an Verilog QSPI flash driver (running on the device).  As a final piece of example, there's a C++ program that will place one or two bit-files onto the flash as well as an ELF file onto the flash.

The CMod S6 project I'm pointing you at uses an adept driven DEPP parallel port for the underlying communication between the host and the FPGA.  I have other examples that use UART and even the JTAG user instruction to do some of the same thing.  (Incidentally, if you only have SPI flash and not QSPI flash, the XuLA2-LX25 SoC project shows you an example of a Verilog SPI flash controller.)

Yours,

Dan

Archived