Analog Discovery 2 not recognized by mac

sLowe

Question

This problem came from a chat between myself and @Vidar . His Macbook pro isnt recognizing an analog discovery 2. He is going to try another computer to see if his drivers will install correctly but it may be another problem. Hopefully the community and maybe @attila can chime in to help Vidar out. Here are the cliff notes of the chat.

Well, the device seems to be dead.
11:12 AM
sLowe
Which device?
11:13 AM
Vidar
Analog Discovery 2

Vidar

I just received my Analog Discovery 2. I installed the WaveForms2, connected the device and nothing happens. No LEDs indicate that the unit is alive. I power the device with external 5V supply without any change. When starting up WaveForms 2015 no device is found. It seams as the Analog Discovery 2 unit is dead? What can be the reason? What shall I do?
11:13 AM

sLowe
are you using linux?
11:15 AM

Vidar
MacBook Pro
11:15 AM

sLowe
so you plug your AD2 into your computer and nothing happens? I don't have too much experience with mac but there should be a device manager
11:16 AM

does it show up as anything?
11:17 AM

Vidar
There is no LED's on the device that indicate live. I assume there should be some LED activity?
11:18 AM

Nothing shows up at the Device Manager
11:18 AM

sLowe
No leds show up for me until the correct drivers install
11:19 AM

what version of OS do you have?
11:20 AM

Vidar
11:21 AM

I assumed that there should be LED activity immediately when the unit is powered up? If the case is that the driver has to be running I can try another PC to see if it has something to do with my Mac and the driver.

sLowe
One thing it may be is that your computer power output settings may be restricting it. Using a USB hub could be worth a try
11:24 AM

also here is a pretty good thread
11:24 AM

Vidar
I have tried that11:27 AM

I think trying another computer could be helpful. My bet is that your drivers arent installing correctly
11:27 AM

Vidar
Ok, thank you. I will try another PC.

1 answer to this question

Archived