Are there any example for HDMI => VGA converter that VGA reasult stored on BRAM also

tuan

Question

Dear everybody.

Thanks DIGILENT for their very nice demo on HDMI => VGA converter on ZYBO.

I would like to use ZYBO to convert input HDMI image to VGA output and also write result to BRAM for later use.

PS should also work in parallel reading those result out (from memory) and written to somewhere via Ethernet.

As my understanding, the demo given by DIGILENT for HDMI => VGA converter uses no BRAM.

I would like to know if some similar (to my purpose) demo is available and where on the design should I modify to achieve the above purpose.

Best Regards,

@tuan,

Others on this forum have tried using BRAM for video images.  I have not heard anyone yet report back that they have been successful.  While it is theoretically possible, you may find that your BRAM is a precious resource that often gets consumed by other needs, or that your attempt to use BRAM has used up all of the BRAM on your part while still not being sufficient for your purpose.

If this is not your experience, would you please write back to this forum so that others may follow your path?

Thanks!

Dan

Archived