OLEDrgb

D@n

Question

Digilent team,

Thank you for putting a wonderful OLEDrgb pmod together.  I just spent the last two days (or was it three? -- not Sunday, though) getting it up and running.  It was a lot of fun.

I would like to suggest, though, that you put more information into your reference manual for this project.  Specifically, there was a *lot* of set up in the example MPIDE project that was necessary and that I wasn't expecting having only read the reference manual.  I think at least some of this material would be worth while to place into the reference manual.

Thanks!

Dan

For those not familiar with what I've been up to, I am in the process of building a design for an Arty board that uses a PModOLEDrgb, PModGPS, PMod USBUART, and the PModSD card as well as the on-board peripherals.  This may just be the last peripheral that I need to get working before I can get focused on the software I'd like to place onto the board: I've already got the ZipCPU, DDR3 SDRAM, flash, ethernet, GPS, UARTs, buttons/switches, LEDs, etc working.  If you are interested, you can find all my code, test benches, simulations, etc. on GitHub.  Every part of the design, save the MIG memory controller, is open source and released under the GPL.  The design is still a work in progress, though, so the specification is lagging behind a bit, but I think you'll find the internal Verilog files fairly well documented.  When the project is complete, I'll re-post the project link in the Project Vault forum for anyone who might still be interested.

1 answer to this question

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your feedback! We're working on figuring out the best way to give all of our reference manuals a consistent look and feel without overloading anybody with information nor providing a semi-redundant/useless description for Pmods that don't need a lot of extra help (like the Pmod DIP). I personally did a lot of work on the PmodOLEDrgb reference manual, so I will be sure to take a look at it today and get it more usage (user? application? not sure what word I'm looking for here) friendly.

I'm certainly excited to see the project you're working come to completion. As you probably know, many of Digilent's FPGA projects with Pmods use MicroBlaze which is nice, but certainly isn't for everybody.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived