Transfer the data from my Artix 7 board to a txt file on the PC

mohamed shffat

Question

Hello 

I'm working now on a project which is design a 2D-FFT on an FPGA board , and my board is ( artix 7 35T kit ) . So far i've finished the XADC , BRAM and 1st FFT design , but before implementing the 2nd FFT , i have to read the result from my design . I need to find a way to send the FFT results from my board to my PC to read it on MATLAB so i can keep going in my project , :(

If anyone has an idea or a solution just help me please . :unsure:

Thanks all .  

3 answers to this question

I'm not certain which artix-7 35T kit you are referencing.  If you are referencing the Arty, which is the kit I have, why not send the data back using the UART?

You can find an example UART implementation here that I have working quite nicely on my Arty board.

You will need to build some form of controller that reads your data from the FPGA and sends it over the UART, but ... well, that's just part of the problem you are working on.

Dan

13 hours ago, D@n said:

I'm not certain which artix-7 35T kit you are referencing.  If you are referencing the Arty, which is the kit I have, why not send the data back using the UART?

You can find an example UART implementation here that I have working quite nicely on my Arty board.

You will need to build some form of controller that reads your data from the FPGA and sends it over the UART, but ... well, that's just part of the problem you are working on.

Dan

I'm using this Arty 7 board 

@mohamed shffat,

Then let me invite you to take a look at the OpenArty project I'm working on here.  While I haven't finished writing the specification for the entire project (yet), most of it is well documented internally and there are specifications written for many of the parts and pieces.  Keep in mind the design isn't entirely working ... yet.  I'm still working on getting the PMod OLEDrgb up and running, I haven't (yet) tested the PMod SD-card, and I'd still like to bump the clock speed up from 81.25MHz to something higher, but it appears as though the bus, the block RAM, the CPU, the network, and even the flash are all working nicely.

Perhaps you might find something there that you can use?  For example, if you hung your FFT off the bus (the interconnect is found in the busmaster.v file), you would then be able to read from the block RAM with a command on the host (Linux) PC as simple as: m_fpga->readi(R_MEMBASE, nwords, buffer);  You might be surprised to know--this was how I tested the double-clocked FFT core I wrote some time ago, only I was using a Basys3 for that purpose.  The difference, though, being that I never connected my FFT implementation to memory, just to the bus ...

As another alternative, you might find that there are lots of component pieces that would do what you needed as well.  Your call.

Dan

Archived