Question

Hi

I have tried to execute the xadc demo code but keep getting the same error every time.Due to this error I'm unable to generate the bit file. 

Please help me solve this issue.

Regards

Capture.JPG

Yea I think there may have been a more clear way to do that math. Maybe I'll add a comment above that line. In the project I do the multiply before shifting right which avoids the two bit precision which would be a big problem. 

Also in the project is the gross /10, &10 chain that calculates the decimal values but that will throw timing errors. I think what needs to be done is some sort of BCD conversion to evaluate those digits faster. Or spread the process over multiple clock cycles since the display doesn't need to be updated as fast as values are coming in.

-Sam

Edited by sLowe

Hi @Manas,

Are you asking if there is any resources for a uart tx controller connecting to an external device? If so, Here is a project done by @hamster that has a uart tx.  Here is our PmodRS232 resource page that has a VHDL project that uses UART as well. Also, if you are wanting to use microblaze we have multiple IP's that use uart to connect to an external devices here.

cheers,

Jon

Edited by jpeyron

Hi, 

In the XADC resource, the port for using the UART_TX_CTRL is not specified in the xdc file. Is there a way set any of the I/O ports for this purpose? Please suggest a way.

Regards

Manas

Another good way to fix the timing of all this. I thought I would add this since it seems relevant. (I may use this project for something in the future)

Although I'm curious why Vivado can't synthesize the /10 %10 procedure to something better. Maybe the real solution is to pipe the process and just introduce a couple clock cycles of lag.