Attaching lvds display to zynq

b20000

Question

I'm new to FPGAs and the zynq. I'm interested in a zybo board and would like to know how to put an lvds output on the logic part of the zynq and how to get this connected to a framebuffer device I can use in linux to output graphics to?

7 answers to this question

@b20000,

I'm afraid you are out of luck.  The Zybo supports a variety of PMods.  These all run at 3.3V--something that cannot be changed without a new board.  The 7-series does not support a 3.3V LVDS output, and this would include the Zynq.  While the Zynq can do lower voltage LVDS signaling, it requires different FPGA wiring than is available on the Zybo board.

Bottom line: You would need a different board to do this.

Dan

Hi bert,

Using zynq the Zedboard has an FMC which can be adjusted to the lower voltage and the differentially paired pins for LVDS signals as described here on pg 21. If you are ok with non-zynq solutions then the Nexys Video and Genesis 2 also have and adjustable FMC as well.

thank you,

Jon

@jpeyronthanks so much for your reply, how do you actually put the logic (ip?) blocks onto the PL to generate the LVDS signals? is this ip built into the toolchain and free to use or is this an ip block that has to be purchased? and how do you actually connect this lvds block to the framebuffer on the PS of the zynq such that you can use it in linux to output graphics? 

Archived