ZYBO Hello World Program without ZYBO option

digizybo

Question

Hi Digizybo,

Could you please compress and attach you project and i will take a look at it. To compress the project right click on the project folder. next left click on send to and select Compressed(zipped)folder as seen below.  I have also added mine zipped project below. Also under block design if you select board do you see the same thing as below?

zybo_esc2.zip

thank you,

Jon

Zybo_GSMB_esc2.jpg

Zybo_GSMB_esc3.jpg

Hi Digizybo,

What version of Vivado are you using? What OS? Please take a screen shot the of the whole page. Just to verify, you created a HDL Wrapper as describe in 5.2 of the Getting started with Zynq tutorial? I received similar warnings but no critical errors like your screen shot and my design succesfully generated bitstream as seen below. Did the popup say bitstream generation failed or was succesful? If the popup said it succesfully generated bitstream then continue the tutorial starting with exporting the hardware including the bit file. I also included a screen shot of my block design.

cheers,

Jon

Zybo_GSMB_esc.jpg

Zybo_GSMB_esc1.jpg

Hi Digizybo,

When you Run Connection Automation you first need to select the box All Automation. Next you need to left click on GPIO under axi_gpio_0 and you will have description and options available choose btns_4bits and continue the process with GPIO2 choosing swts_4bits. Next left click on the GPIO under the axi_gpio_1 choosing leds_4bits. I have included screen shots below.  

cheers,

Jon 

zybo_gpio1.jpg

zybo_gpio2.jpg

zybo_gpio3.jpg

Hi Digizybo,

This seems to be a license issue. i would make sure you have a valide license for Vivado. To check go to help on the top left and right click on manage license like shown below. If you haven't obtained a license then you will need to get a valid license. The webpack is free and should cover all of your needs. If that is not the issue. Were you able to click on the add ip button as shown below?

cheers,

Jon

Zybo_license_esc1.jpg

Zybo_license_esc2.jpg

Zybo_license_esc3.jpg

Thank you so much :)

But now I have an other problem I created a block design like link and I wil add IP but say :WARNING: [BD 41-1663] The design 'design_1.bd' is locked for any modification. Locked reason(s):
* IPI BXML file read-only. Please check file-permission. 

My screen view :

I dont understand why?

zybo2.PNG

Hi Digizybo,

At the begining of the Getting Started with Zynq tutorial there is section called Prerequisites under that section is a sub section called Board Support Files with a bullet called Zybo Support files as shown below. Follow the link there and complete the tutorial Vivado Version 2015.1 and Later Board File Installation. After you have correctly installed the board files it should look more like the picture below. 

cheers,

Jon

boardFiles_esc.jpg

boardFiles_esc2.jpg

Hi Digizybo,

I would like you to create a new project instead of choosing zybo choose the zedboard. Then add only the zynq processor, run block automation, connect the FLCK_CLK0 to the M_AXI_GP0_ACLK , validate design, create a wrapper and then run synthesis on the project.

thank you,

Jon

Here's an image (attached) that might help.  (at 31kB, I doubt you'll have problems getting it ...)  To be technically accurate, I'm talking about the warnings checkbox, as illustrated in the attached image, and outlined in red. This is part of the "messages" tab, as shown in the bottom of the image.  Check the box.  Uncheck the box.  Check it again.  Do the numbers change?  Do any errors appear?  They often do change for me, as though Vivado didn't keep them in synch with the results of the current run.  Then, if any errors show up, they might be just the ones you are looking for.

Dan

clip.png

Digizybo,

Before you reinstall Vivado, click on the "warnings" button and turn warnings on and off.  I've noticed that sometimes Vivado's log messages can get out of synch with the last run, and toggling one of the categories can help reveal what you are otherwise missing.

Dan

I  created a new project instead of choosing zybo choose the zedboard. Then add only the zynq processor, run block automation, connect the FLCK_CLK0 to the M_AXI_GP0_ACLK , validate design, create a wrapper,generate bitstream and then run synthesis on the project. Synthesis failed :

My screen views here:

GxJO.png

80dJ.png

3HyN.png

Yes I have tried re-doing with a new projet but synthesis is failed However I didnt try connect  the FLCK_CLK0 to the M_AXI_GP0_ACLK and then run synthesis on the project   

Now I create a new project and connect the FLCK_CLK0 to the M_AXI_GP0_ACLK and then run synthesis on the project  am I?

Archived