ZYBO Hello World Program without ZYBO option

digizybo

Question

Hi jpeyron

I did these steps(file export export hardware and ı am sure to check the box for include bitstream then file launch sdk ) But I dont understand what I sould do 

Should I download sdk ?? (I am sure that ı downloaded the correct vesion 2016.2 ) Where can I downloaded SDK ?

In addition I found thes files my vivado 2016.2 package:

JOLW.png

and I said launch sdk again but this time I get an error :

• [Common 17-70] Application Exception: Not found in path: xsdk

Hi Digizybo,

So after you generate bitstream you will go to file→Export→Export Hardware. Make sure to check the box for Include bitstream then click OK .  Next  Go to File→Launch SDK and click OK. Both steps are described in the tutorial in section 7 and 8. The rest of the project is done in SDK. I have added to section 9 title to help clarify that you should be in SDK.  If you didn't download sdk when you downloaded Vivado then you will need to do that. Also if you didn't download SDK then when you do make sure that you download the correct version i.e. 2016.2. Hope this helps!

cheers,

Jon

Hi digizybo,

Your computer name might be the issue. The second letter in your computer name is part of the extended asci list which i am guessing was the issue with the cyrillic letters. Try changing your computer name and see it this fixes the issue.

thank you,

Jon

Hi digizybo,

I compared the synthesis log and found an issue: "TclStackFree: incorrect freePtr. Call out of sequence?"  I researched this and found a forum here that suggests two fixes 

1 st)  Error was caused by cyrillic letters in computer name. If thats the case change computer name to something that doesn't have cyrillic letters.

2nd)  try setting "flatten_hierarchy" along with using synthesis strategy "Run time optimized" which may have to do with you only having 4G's of ram. 

thank you,

Jon

synthesis_log.jpg

HI Digizybo,

Sorry for the timely response this issue is not a typical problem that has come up. I have been reviewing the differences between your project ten and my project. Could you redo the project but before you open the block design go to project settings and set the target language as verilog instead of vhdl.

cheers,

Jon 

Hi Jon;

When I launch your project I get this result as link:

B8eS.png

and this 

R0LO.png

In addition I cant generate bitstream for my project  I have no error only say synthesis is failed I dont understand really and My project has same block design view with you 4 buttpns 4 leds 4 swithc is tick ant the others are not check

Hi digizybo,

When i launch your project I get an error as shown below. I think there is something wrong with the zipped project.  Were you able to download my zipped project? If so, have you generated a  bitstream on my project? Also if you click on boards in block design do you have the same stuff as shown below? After regenerating layout does your block design look like mine?

thank you,

Jon

zybo_gsz_esc.jpg

zybo_gsz_esc1.jpg

Archived