Oled not working on Nexsys Video board

hwsw101

Question

Hi,

I have recently purchased a few Nexys Video boards. I tried to set up a the XADC demo but the OLED just doesn't work. It just displays garbage on the screen.

I have tried building using Vivado 2015.4 & 2015.3 but no luck. I am using PROG-USB port to download the bit file using Vivado Hardware Manager.

Is anyone able to built the example design & test it.  https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-video-xadc-demo/start

If you get it working, please let me know what version of the tool you using.

Thank you.

Tesh

2 answers to this question

Tesh,

Good catch! We accidently updated our github with an older version of the XADC demo. It has been updated with the most recent and working XADC demo.  This demo was made for Vivado 2016.2. To get it working on Vivado 2015.4 you need to delete the XADC-wiz_0(xadc_wiz_0.xci because it was created for Vivado 2016.2 and will not work in Vivado 2015.4. Next go to the IP catalog and add the XADC wizard with the setting from the screen shots below. Once you have generated a bitstream and programmed the board please press the CPU_RESET red button and the OLED will work correctly! 

cheers,

Jon

XADC_WIZ_1.jpg

XADC_WIZ_2.jpg

XADC_WIZ_3.jpg

XADC_WIZ_4.jpg

Archived