Problems with git hub SDSoC project from sbobrowicz, zybo hdmi

RaulRB

Question

Hello:

I´m triying to start with this project:

https://github.com/Digilent/SDSoC-platforms/tree/master/2015.4/zybo_hdmi_

I spend few days trying that this proyect works and this are the steps that I have done:

1- put paths for compilation

1.1- In SDSoC: project-> properties-> C/C++ General -> paths and Symbols, Add the include directories arm-xilinx-eabi/include and arm-xilinx-gnueabi/include (both directories are in the filesystem on github proyect

2- Do the steps in the readme:

2.1- add the DemoSobelFrameHw function as a Hardware function. Set the Clock frequency for the function to 116.67MHz ( I have a problem with this, i can`t put in this frecuency and I put al 125MHz because the options that the SDSoC show me are 25 100 125 50 MHz

2.2- and the Data Motion Network clock frequency to 116.67MHz, in this case I put 125MHz for the same reason.

Finally I put the hammer ( to compile ) at SDRelease and buid the project, but I take an error:

C:\Users\Raul\Dropbox\TFG\Xilinx\Proyecto3\SDRelease>C:\Xilinx\SDSoC\2015.4\llvm-clang\win64\llvm\bin\llvm-link.exe -o C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/sds_all.o C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./vivado/zybo_hdmi_in.ipdefs/repo_0/digilent/ip/dvi2rgb_v1_6/docs/dat2txt.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./src/uio_axi_gpio.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/video_capture/video_capture.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/timer_ps/timer_ps.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/intc/intc.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/dynclk/dynclk.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/display_ctrl/display_ctrl.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/sobel_filter.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/video_demo.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/arraycopy_sa/arraycopy.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/arraycopy/arraycopy.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./hardware/prebuilt/swcf/devreg.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./hardware/prebuilt/swcf/portinfo.s 
ERROR: [SDSoC 0-0] Error detected : C:\Xilinx\SDSoC\2015.4\llvm-clang\win64\llvm\bin\llvm-link.exe: link error in 'C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/video_demo.s': Linking globals named 'main': symbol multiply defined!

C:\Users\Raul\Dropbox\TFG\Xilinx\Proyecto3\SDRelease>exit /b 1 
ERROR: [SDSoC 0-0] Exiting sds++ : Error when calling 'llvm-link -o C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/sds_all.o C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./vivado/zybo_hdmi_in.ipdefs/repo_0/digilent/ip/dvi2rgb_v1_6/docs/dat2txt.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./src/uio_axi_gpio.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/video_capture/video_capture.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/timer_ps/timer_ps.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/intc/intc.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/dynclk/dynclk.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/display_ctrl/display_ctrl.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/sobel_filter.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/videodemo_sobel/video_demo.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/arraycopy_sa/arraycopy.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./samples/arraycopy/arraycopy.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./hardware/prebuilt/swcf/devreg.s C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/.llvm/./hardware/prebuilt/swcf/portinfo.s'
sds++ log file saved as C:/Users/Raul/Dropbox/TFG/Xilinx/Proyecto3/SDRelease/_sds/reports/sds.log

My SDSoC version is 2015.4 and my OS is W10 64bits.

I hope that you can help me :)

Best regards!

Raul.

4 answers to this question

Sure, but they each define the main() function.

Just for a simple background, computer programs consist of a set of instructions.  The computers task is to evaluate/execute one instruction at a time from the list of instructions given to it.  In order to make this possible, every computer program (think set of instructions) must start at a particular instruction and continue from there.

By including both arraycopy's, you are asking the computer to start at two different places at the same time.  That's the purpose of the main() function: it tells the computer where the first instruction is within your program.

Having two starting points, or two main()'s in your case, is an error and the linker is rightly complaining.

My guess is that both arraycopy's are separate programs, each doing something separate, and that merging the two programs into one will ... require a bit of effort on the part of the programmer.

Dan

Archived