Where is Vivado Design Suite Voucher?

dnovick

Question

Good Day,

I just purchased and received the Zed board from you folks. According to the product page, I'm supposed to have a voucher for one of the non-free versions of Vivado. Although the CD was shipped, I couldn't find a voucher. Where may I acquire it?

Also, my understanding is that this license is device locked. So, I've been using Vivado free edition with my Nexys4 DDR. In order to keep using that board, am I going to need to have a separate install of Vivado - i.e. one free for my Nexys4 DDR and one for the Zed board?

Thanks,

Dave

7 answers to this question

Hi Dave,

If you look here. Vivado HL 2016.2 design edition and Vivado HL 2016.2 Webpack offer mostly the same things. If you would still like I can look into what it will take to get you another voucher. The Vivado HL Webpack would not be device locked so you could use both the Zedboad and the Nexys4 DDR with the same program.

cheers,

Jon

So, I've been using the Webpack this PM, while waiting for an answer regarding my voucher. Of course, as you know, the Webpack is locked to only certain devices. However, the Zed Board is among those that are allowed. That said, I just took a look at the feature compare of the two versions, and they look exactly the same. That seems somewhat strange to me, as why would Xilinx sell licenses to a product equal to the free one? I guess maybe its just that the licensed version is not device limited. Of course, the voucher was also going to be device limited as well.

If there are indeed no differences wrt the boards I'm using, I guess I'm ok. However, if there are any meaningful differences, I'd like to get the voucher.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

The voucher used to unlock several features (such as the logic analyzer) that were not included in the free webpack version of Vivado. As of the "Vivado HLx 2015.4" release Xilinx started including all of these features in webpack, meaning the vouchers were no longer necessary. We have since stopped including them with ZedBoards.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake on our ZedBoard Product page. I've let our website team know that they need to remove the voucher from the "What's Included" section.

OK...that helps a lot. I just watched a training video from Zedboard.org which pointed out that the Design Edition came with the logic and serial analyzers. The fact that they now ship with the Webpack removes my concern that I may be missing something.

I also was reading the Zed Board user guide and found that a license voucher for ChipScope Pro was supposed to be included. Has this also been superseded by the increased feature set of the Webpack version?

Dave

I can't answer for your particular board but in the package for the Arty board I got there was a small pamphlet in the back of the package behind the anti-static foam.  It was a little and about 3x4 inches.  The last page has a barcoded sticker attached which is your voucher code.

Do you still have all your packing materials?  Mine was pretty tiny and didn't say anything about being a voucher on the outside.  I believe you can use multiple licenses on the same machine and they are allowed to overlap.  The license is however locked to a single computer.

Archived