Zybo Problem With Ramdisk8m Or Kernel Image For Drivers Of Peripherals

g.ahumada

Question

Hi,  i have a problem with the zybo, i follow the official tutorial document of digilent, and in the part to compile the kernel i use the master-next branch of git repositorie, and for the prebuild ramdisk i download the zedboard design with the file "ramdisk8M.image.gz".  at the end of the tutorials everythings works, the driver for led and the ledblink app, but if i try to make a driver for switch or buttons, i can't install another driver with "insmod". maybe the problem is with the kernel image or the ramdisk file because at begin the system show a error like this:

++ Mounting filesystem
++ Setting up mdev
++ Configure static IP 192.168.1.10
++ Starting telnet daemon
++ Starting http daemon
++ Starting ftp daemon
++ Starting dropbear (ssh) daemon
[    2.562644] random: dropbear urandom read with 7 bits of entropy available
++ Starting OLED Display
insmod: can't read '/lib/modules/3.14.0-xilinx-13567-g906a2c9-dirty/pmodoled-gpio.ko': No such file or directory
++ Exporting LEDs & SWs
rcS Complete
zynq> ls /lib/modules/
3.3.0-digilent-12.07-zed-beta
zynq>

how i can make a driver for switchs and buttons, and another peripherals??

the files used are ok???

thanks

2 answers to this question

I think the problem is that the image ramdisk8M is for zed board, but the system boots anyway, so the problem is how program the driver because if i access to  the memory  directly with command "devmem"  I get the status of the buttons, the switchs and set the leds. I'm still unable to install another driver in zybo. someone have a example for switch or button driver??? for a new switch module in the system design or the module in "zybo_base_system"??   when linux is booted i try to use the command "read_sw" but doesn't works...

Archived