Atlys board not detected by Adept 2

nima

Question

Hi

I am a new user, just trying to setup the digilent Atlys board, in Windows 10 with ISE 14.5

I have installed the UART driver "XR21V1410" from EXAR. But Adept 2 doesn't detect the board at all. (No device connected)

I am using the programing UART port with a USB cable for connecting the board to pc.

Thanks for your help in advance

3 answers to this question

Hi Nima,

I don't have a windows 10 device to test it on, on windows 8.1 i was able to get adept 2 to reconize the  the digilent Atlys board. I also was able to get our gpio demo to run on ise 14.7 as well.  I have attached some pictures of Adept 2 and how I have the Atlys set up. You would not need the HDMI in or out connected. In the device manager, can you see the digilent usb device for the programer connection? The uart connection will  show up under ports. Both the programmer and uart connect is shown in the picture below.  Please attach a screen shot of the Adept 2 when the Atlys is connected and turned on.

cheers,

Jon

20160902_132711.jpg 

Atlys_uart_esc.jpg

Atlys_uart_esc2.jpg

Atlys_uart_esc3.jpg

Hello Jon

Thanks for the information you posted.

The problem was actually with my USB cable! I usually use this cable for charging my phone, seems to be fine. But for some reason, it didn't make a proper connection with the input port on the board.

Adept is detecting the board now :)

Thanks

Nima

Archived