Communication with FT2232HQ through Arduino SoftwareSerial library

Hi,

I have a communication problem between my Pro Trinket  and the FT2232HQ of my CMOD A7 board. Briefly, I would like to trigger an interrupt on the Microblaze by sending a byte from the Trinket with the SoftwareSerial write() function. To this purpose I use a USB HOST Controller Board (http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-host-board-v2) programmed with serial drivers for FTDI. According to http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-host-serial, the drivers are tested to work with FT2232H FTDI. 

The question is, are the drivers for FT2232HQ and for FT2232H the same, or equivalent, or should I use an other USB Host Controller board?

Thank you  in advance,
Antonio

Hi Antonio,

We use the drivers and chip primarily for programing purposes. The programming circuit is a proprietary design. Unfortunately, due to this we would not be able to assist you with this line of questions. Others in the community might be able to assist you.

cheers,

Jon   

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

I know the programming circuit is proprietary, but since it has been placed on the board, I think this context should be good for my question. I have the arduino microcontroller sending bytes through the SoftwareSerial library. With other FTDIs it works, but with this (FT2232H) on the board don't. I think it happens because of there are two ports, A port for programming the FPGA and B port for communication purposes. I think the simple routine selects the A port as the destination port. Is there a way to select the proper port for communication purposes? Is there a known problem with a known solution? 

I know arduino, FTDIs and their libraries don't concern the Digilent scope, I'm just asking.

Thank you,
Antonio

Antonio,

You are correct that there is a port b for communication.  I do not know what command in Arduino is used to have it access port b.  I am unaware of any known problem with a known solution for this. I have not used the Arduino IDE to communicate with our FPGA's.

thank you,

Jon

Archived