Invalid package pin of FMC connector at Genesys2 board

rappysaha

Question

Hi, 

I am using currently Genesys 2 board to interface my image sensor board. I want to connect image sensor board through the FMC connector of Genesys 2 board. Image sensor board is interfaced with C)N/FMC-ASP-134488. I have 12 timing signal pins in the sensor board, which are assigned to connect at serially pin no. K17, K20, K23, K25,K26,K28,K29,K31,K32,K34,K35,K38. (The pins are marked at attached schematic file of Genesys 2).

My problem is when I am going to assign K17,K31,K32,K34,K35,K38 pins in the XDC file of the Genesys 2, I did not find these pins in the XDC file. Besides, I also tried to assign pins by RTL analysis (Elaborated design). But, in there these pins are also showing as  invalid package pin. (the . XDC file is also attached here)  So, how can I assign these pins in XDC file? OR it can not be used as I/O pin?

Besides, I have 14-bit data output from the sensor board. Can I connect these 14-bit data pins directly to the FMC connector of the Genesys 2? I saw in the schematic of FMC connector I/O pins are differential. Is it will be a problem?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Genesys2_H.xdc

schematic.JPG

4 answers to this question

Hello rappysaha,

Regarding the issue with the XDC file, the pins you are looking at in this schematic correspond to the FMC connector and not the FPGA. For example on K17 you have FMC_HA17_N which corresponds to FPGA BANK 16, pin B25 which you will find in XDC file. You'll have you search for the name of the signal in the schematic in order to find the pin of the FPGA and use in the XDC.

I see you are using bank HA and HB from the connector. You have to take care of the power supplies compatibility. The Bank HA is powered by VADJ which is provided by our board. You have to make sure that the value is compatible with your sensor. On the other hand the bank HB is powered by your sensor via VIO_B_M2C which powers the whole bank. Again, you'll have to check that the voltage values given by the sensor is compatible with Genesys 2.

More details about pinout and power supply compatibility you can find on the 15th capter of the Genesys 2 Reference Manual, here.

Regarding the differential routing, it will work if you declare the signal single ended, LVCMOS or whatever your sensor sees.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Bianca 

16 hours ago, Bianca said:

I see you are using bank HA and HB from the connector. You have to take care of the power supplies compatibility. The Bank HA is powered by VADJ which is provided by our board. You have to make sure that the value is compatible with your sensor. On the other hand the bank HB is powered by your sensor via VIO_B_M2C which powers the whole bank. Again, you'll have to check that the voltage values given by the sensor is compatible with Genesys 2.

Hi, 

I am new about FMC connector. So, I need to make clear something to myself.

1. Is VIO_B_M2C pin just has to connect with the sensor board power which is 3.3V to power up the HB bank?
  2. What is the voltage level of VIO_B_M2C i.e. 1.8 or 2.5 or 3.3 V?
  3.  For the data pins, I used A3 to A27 pins which are leveled as DP pin. Can I use them as data i.e. I/O pin?

Thanks.

Hello,

in order to make a FMC board you have to use the reference manual for the FMC standard. You can find information and how to purchase the manual here.

Regarding your questions:

1. and 2. VIO_B_M2C has to be connected to a power level compatible with the type of signals your sensor provides, or if you send inf from the FPGA with the type of signals your sensor is compatible. For example if it's LVDS you have 1.8V. This things only you can know since you have the sensor and the board with the FMC connector

3. pins A3 to A27 are Gigabit pins used for Kintex GTX transceiver. They cannot be used as simple I/O pin. 

If you are just starting with FMC standard I suggest you to purchase their manual and learn more about the connector and its standard before starting to build a board because it is not quite easy to implement. 

Regards,

Bianca

Archived