SFP over vc709 Board

MOHIT

Question

CONFIGURATION OF  TX AND RX AT THE SAME KIT FOR 32 BIT DATA WITH 8B/10B ENCODING TECHNIQUE ( loop back )

I AM FACING PROB AT THE TIME OF IMPLEMENTATION ,IT IS SHOWING ERROR (PLACE 30-510)

BUT I HAVE USED SAME REFERENCE CLOCK  FOR RX AND TX AS GT-REFERENCE CLOCK DEFINED FOR SAME QUAD(113)

I AM NOT GETTING HOW TO SOLVE THIS IF ANYONE HAVE EXP PLZ SHARE 

THANKS IN ADVANCE

6 answers to this question

I am using virtex 7 vc709 board , in that i want to access the optical fiber i am trying to use si5324 clock as gtrefclock over quad113 that is related to sfp connector 

there are  4 sfp connector at the board ,in that i am using x1y15 as a transmitter and x1y14 as a receiver on the same kit 

so i have generated two core one for tx and one for rx and make one file to intantiate both the core and  one  more file where i am assigning fix 32 bit data for tx and receiving the same data from x1y14 and msb of   that receiving data i am assigning to user leds of board  and remaining at fmc connector but i am getting errror in implementation 

here i am attaching th e error page and my xdc file 

and the meaning of this command

set_property LOC GTHE2_CHANNEL_X1Y15 [get_cells gtwizard_tx_support_i/U0/gtwizard_tx_init_i/gtwizard_tx_i/gt0_gtwizard_tx_i/gthe2_i]

in the place of this keyword  "GTHE2_CHANNEL_X1Y15" i have to define number  or no need to do 

Thanks a lot for your response

error.jpg

New Text Document (8).txt

Hi MOHIT,

Looking at the 30-510 error, I think this post here should help you. Here is link to the user guide for the Virtex 7 vc709 board. We do not have a Virtex 7 vc709 board in house to be able to duplicate your error. We will still do whataver we can to help you but due to not having a Virtex board others in the community might be better able to assist you.

thank you,

Jon  

On 8/23/2016 at 1:21 AM, jpeyron said:

Mohit,

Please post what version of Vivado/ISE , board i.e. nexys 4 or basys 3 and your project so that we can better assist you. 
Also here is a post that deals with this specific error and some help to fix issue.

thank you,

Jon

Thank you Jon 

but once you can see my xdc file what i am thinking that clock i have assigned correctly but my xdc file is not correct once if you want you can review it please 

MOHIT

You should try the Xilinx forum to find help on the VC709 as that product.  The digilent guys are very helpful but the Xilinx forum will have a bigger VC709 user community as well as Xilinx staff who know your board.  Also, Xilinx has a tutorials that you can down load for the VC709 that also have example projects with XDC's.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/dk-v7-vc709-g.html?resultsTablePreSelect=documenttype:Example

The IBERT tutorial downloads even use Bank113 on the VC709.  You could get the proper XDC from there.  Also note I think you have to jumper SMA jacks J31 and J32 to SMA Jacks J25 and J26 to feed a clock to bank 113 refclk 1.  Or do you have an external clock wired up?

Good luck

10 hours ago, FlyingBlindOnARocketCycle said:

MOHIT

You should try the Xilinx forum to find help on the VC709 as that product.  The digilent guys are very helpful but the Xilinx forum will have a bigger VC709 user community as well as Xilinx staff who know your board.  Also, Xilinx has a tutorials that you can down load for the VC709 that also have example projects with XDC's.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/dk-v7-vc709-g.html?resultsTablePreSelect=documenttype:Example

The IBERT tutorial downloads even use Bank113 on the VC709.  You could get the proper XDC from there.  Also note I think you have to jumper SMA jacks J31 and J32 to SMA Jacks J25 and J26 to feed a clock to bank 113 refclk 1.  Or do you have an external clock wired up?

Good luck

thanks alot

Archived