logic analyzer trace vertical spacing

kramer

Question

New user to AD2 running on fedora 23 Mate.  I don't know the proper language for the computer display of a logic analyzer in Waveforms so I will use TRACE as the actual logic signal waveform and  the TRACE WINDOW as the display box containing the TRACE.  I can adjust the TRACE WINDOW height without problem but can find no way to adjust the vertical spacing between adjacent TRACE WINDOWs.  Since the logic signal TRACE uses the full height of the TRACE WINDOW, in some cases I can't distinguish the lower level of the TRACE in the upper of 2 adjacent TRACE WINDOWs from the upper level of the TRACE in the adjacent lower TRACE WINDOW.  Are there any display adjustments for this that I can't find?  Is there anyway to adjust the vertical spacing between adjacent TRACE WINDOWs, or adjust the height of the TRACE within a TRACE WINDOW?  I don't have a mac or microsoft computer to check to see if the problem is unique to Linux.  As a related issue it would be very nice to be able to reorder the traces without having to remove and redefine them?  Drop and Drag?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Hi kramer,

I played around with the traces (I'm not sure what the official language is for them either), but unfortunately was not able to find a way to adjust the trace height within it's trace window. All I was able to do was adjust the individual trace window heights, but the traces would expand so that they touched both the top and bottom of the window just as you found. I'm on a Windows computer, so I suspect this is a common thing between all versions of Waveforms. I can ask the appropriate engineer to see if this could be something that can be put on a list for a future revision.

I was able to find a way to reorder the traces though: on the very far left there is a column of blank space where you can click on the trace window you want and drag above or below another trace window to move it. However, this only works for separate trace "groups". For example, with the SPI bus trace, you cannot rearrange the Select, Data, and Clock among each other, but you can take the whole SPI bus trace set to go above or below a I2C bus trace or a second SPI bus trace.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived