DWF.DLL for Analog Discovery

Arito Maekawa

Question

My software engineer has developed a frequency response analysis software for Windows called FRAplus .

The software does not work properly with Window XP Japanese version.

Now we know that the cause of the problem may be the difference of DWF.DLL files between Waveforms2015 and SDK.

We have found the difference as follows:

DWF.DLL attached to Waveforms2015 Ver3.3.5  Time stamp: 2016/6/15 20:13:04  Size: 665,600byte

DWF.DLL attached to  SDK Ver3.3.5  Time stamp:  2016/6/15 19:33:48  Size: 701,952byte

The DWF.DLL file attached to Waveforms works properly with Window XP, and the other one does not work with XP.

I would be pleased if you could be of help.

Thank you in advance.

Arito Maekawa

3 answers to this question

Arito Maekawa, 

I have reached out to our expert with waveforms and SDK to look into the issue you are having.  They are gone until the 20th with vacation so it will be a few days until we would be able to resond to your concerns. Sorry for the inconvenience.

thank you,

Jon 

Hello,

Make sure the required Visual C 2008 Runtime library is installed. This should be done by the WaveForms installer.

For Windows distribution the WaveForms Runtime library (dwf.dll) is built with Visual Studio 2008 for 32 and 64bit architecture. On 64 bit system both versions are installed.

The 32 bit WF application and the dwl.dll next to it is built with mingw requiring two other dll from this directory. The 64bit version is built with VS 2013. From these two versions only one gets installed.

Archived