AndyK

TopJTAG: USB JTAG HS2 GPIO Configuration

Question

Hello

I have a Digilent USBJTAG HS2 and I'd really like to use it with TopJTAG's Probe software.

The software has native support for the Digilent USB-JTAG but not the USB JTAG HS2.

Having said that, it supports "custom" JTAG probes based on the FTDI chipset and recognises the HS2 as such. This is encouraging. 

When I select the Custom FTDI option it asks me to tell it what to do with the FTDI GPIOs and advises that different probed need their GPIOs setting up differently - often to enable buffers, drive tRST, and stuff like that. Sounds fair enough to me.

The problem is that I cannot find documentation on how the GPIOs are used/configured on the HS2. The schematic would help, but the link to the schematic on the digilent website is dead.

Can anyone help with the GPIO config or a schematic of the HS2?

Many thanks.

Andrew

Capture.JPG

8 answers to this question

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately Digilent does not release the schematics for the JTAG HS2. All the information that we have available for it is on it's resource center here.

I'm sorry I could not be of more help.

Thanks,
JColvin

TBH that's not helpful at all and I expected better.

Can you at least reveal what I need to do to the GPIOs to enabled the buffers/reset/etc.?

On 8/15/2016 at 6:38 PM, jpeyron said:

Andy

I emailed you some information that should help with the set up of your software.

thank you,

Jon

Hi John,

I know I am replying to an old post, but could you also share the pin configuration with me? I am having the same problem of using HS2 with TopJTAG.

Thank you!

Dawei

On 6/15/2018 at 6:20 PM, 8LW4 said:

Hi John,

I know I am replying to an old post, but could you also share the pin configuration with me? I am having the same problem of using HS2 with TopJTAG.

Thank you!

Dawei

Hi Jon,

we have the same problem of using JTAG-HS3/HS2 with TopJTAG. Can you please provide pin configuration for both HS3 and HS2?

Thanks,

Dinko

15 minutes ago, dzerjav said:

Hi Jon,

we have the same problem of using JTAG-HS3/HS2 with TopJTAG. Can you please provide pin configuration for both HS3 and HS2?

Thanks,

Dinko

Hi Dinko,

FYI - We didn't have luck with HS2 thus ended up using USB-JTAG from Digilent to work with TopJtag. It was just easy. Hope it helps.

Dawei