Deploying a VI on a Raspberry Pi 2

JColvin

Question

A customer on the website asked the following question:

Hi,
I already have LabView 2014 Home Edition and a Raspberry Pi 2. Do I have everything I need to run a VI on the Raspberry Pi? Do I need anything else that is in the 'LabView Physical Computing Kit for the Raspberry Pi 2'?
If not can you point me to documentation on how to deploy a VI on the Raspberry Pi 2?

Thank you,

The response is below.

4 answers to this question

Hello,

If you already have the RPi 2 and LabVIEW, all you then need is LabVIEW MakerHub's LINX to target the Raspberry Pi 2 and NI ViSA to communicate with the board over USB. A set of tutorials to get everything up and running can be found on the LabVIEW MakerHub website here.

So, the short answer is no, you don't need anything from the interaction parts kit in order to deploy VI's onto your board. The kit gives you various IO devices and sensors that you can use in your projects so you can get a more tangible use out of your system.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hey, Just a few clarifications.

First off as far as the 'LabView Physical Computing Kit for the Raspberry Pi 2' goes the only other thing you will need is a MicroSD card that is 8 GB or larger. Next thing is LINX 3.0 has a built-in installer that connects to your board and automatically installs all dependencies LabVIEW needs to run. Since we're running LabVIEW Runtime on the target you no longer need your board to be connected to your computer at all times. You can also deploy a VI over ethernet or WiFi as well as over USB all you need is Raspbian and LINX. Here is a Link to a video explain how to deploy a startup executable. 

Archived