tutorial for create simple hdmi input and vga output

Abish sj

Question

Hi every one.

I was Created HLS Ip Core. This Core is a simple Image Filer, and the input for this Core is a matrix of picture that I built in Matlab,

Now I'm trying to have a input from HDMI and filter output from VGA.

In other words, I don't know "How create a simple block design in ZYBO for have HDMI input, VGA output and HLS IP CORE?"

and "Which commands need to read frames from input in SDK sowftware?"

Best regards.

Abish SJ

3 answers to this question

Hi Abish SJ,

I don't think Digilent has anything related directly to the HLS IP Core (I'll ask some of our applications engineers to confirm or deny this), but we do have a demo for the Zybo that takes HDMI input and sends it to VGA output on the Zybo Resource Center here.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi  Abish S,

Our HLS expert is out until later next week, but in the mean time if you can you should look at the SDSoC demo here. 

https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/software/sdsoc/reference-manual?redirect=1id=vivado:sdsoc

The demo is what you are trying to do with another layer(SDSoC) as a wrapper to what you are trying to do.

Jon

Hi Abish,

The demo project that JColvin linked is a good jumping off point for capturing HDMI input and outputting over VGA. I don't know too much about the inner workings of that project to be sure, but I believe you could use that in conjunction with your HLS IP core to filter the HDMI input and output the result over VGA. I expect you'll have to recreate the MATLAB matrix image input of your core from the HDMI data in software or redesign the core itself to accept a different kind of input, but that is a decision for you to make.

If you haven't taken time to do so, I suggest you take a look at the Xilinx University Program's High Level Synthesis Flow workshop found here. I want to specifically point out Lab4 because it runs you through creating an IP core in HLS and integrating the core into a block design. Once you've run through the lab, you can then do the same with your custom HLS IP core and the demo project.

If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask and I will do my best to help,

AndrewH

Archived