Cmods6 Clock Out

deltadia

Question

Hi,

I am currently using CMOD S6 to generate 12 bit data logic and clock for a DAC. The clock frequency is at 50 MHz which was created using DCM ip core in ISE. I then output the clock from pin 48. However I am having a bit of ground noise issue. The clock signal seem to be coupling onto the as the noise I observe on the oscilloscope is at around 50MHz with 500mVp-p on digital ground. In order to reduce this noise I have tried lower frequency at 10MHz (but for my application I really need it at 50MHz) and also used coaxial cable to connect the FPGA output and DAC. I am testing these on a prototype board so there will of course be additional noises but I get the feeling that CMOD S6 may not be able to support such frequency output. For instance when I tried to test just the CMODS6 on bread board the clock signal coupled onto ground as well.

PCB implementation may eliminate this issue but I just want to hear from the Digilent if the CMODS6 can support 50MHz signal output. 

Many thanks

Jay

5 answers to this question

Can you try to load the image on the forum?

You will need to edit your original post.

and add an attachment. 

Thanks for the advice. I will do that in future. I have sent the image to the email provided and received a prompt reply too. 

Many thanks

Archived