read files from Nexys 4 ddr using usb

Tapish

Question

Hey all :) , 

I am taking a continuous 16 bit serial input from an AFE to nexys 4 ddr board and storing it . Now I have to take this data to pc using usb . I have been searching for this for a long time now (2 weeks to be exact :P)  but could not find any simple solution . I am using ISE design suite 14.7 VHDL for programming. This is my first fpga project, so please bear my incompetence.

Thank you :D 

3 answers to this question

This board will communicate with the PC using a serial port (terminal) connection over USB.  You can find the serial port Verilog that I've used to do this communication here (for the transmit from device to PC), or here (for the receive).

If you have even more information to pass than will fit over the serial port, perhaps the microSD port would be better?  In that case, you can find a microSD controller here that accepts commands from a Wishbone bus and converts them to SPI commands to the microSD.  OpenCores has, as I recall, a full SD card controller, should you wish to use the full interface and not just the SPI subset.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Archived