PmodACL DSPI library for Arduino

JColvin

Question

A customer on our website asked the following question:

I have buy PmodACL, I want to connect it to Arduino with SPI. But I can't find dspi.h file, would you send me? Thank you very much.

The response is below.

2 answers to this question

Hello,

You can download Digilent's SPI library from the SPI page on our Documentation site here. Alternatively, the DSPI library is included with the the chipKIT Core for the Arduino IDE.

However, the DSPI library was originally created to be streamlined for Digilent boards, so I do not think it supports non-Digilent boards (or at least I am not able to successfully compile programs that include dspi.h that are targeting an Arduino Uno). I will see if any of our applications engineers know if a library exists for the PmodACL that uses the standard SPI, but unfortunately I am personally not aware of any.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hello,

As James wrote, you will need to port the library to your available SPI library.

PmodACL performs very simple (basic) SPI operations (read and write), therefore porting will be very easy. Just replace the calls to DSPI transfer functions with calls to SPI transfer functions.

And, after you've done it, you may chose to share your work with other potentials users.

Good luck !

Archived