myRIO mechatronics kits question

JColvin

Question

A customer on our website asked the following question:

I am an engineer from NI-Thailand. We have sold your products, 5sets of myRIO mechatronic kits, to our customer. However, all 5 of the servo motors (standard) , one from each set, are not working when try to control via myRIO.

I have found that these 5 new servo motors are different from the one kit we have (our old demo kit). The old servo is printed Made in China, the new 5 servos are printed Made in Taiwan. So, I believe that they might be a new lot from your new production line ?

Is there any change on your product like changing way to control ? changing power supply need ? .... any other technical changing ? OR they are just defected from this specific lot of production.

Please also suggest further on what we can do further based on this situation.

Best Regards,

The response is below.

3 answers to this question

Hi James,

Thanks for your help on posting here. Sorry that I went to the wrong route at first.

To Support Team,

I have include here two clips comparing different behavior between the two servos. The faulty servo shakes and rotates back and forth when varying the PWM freqeuncy.

I found this behavior on all 5 new servos received.

The second servo is the one we have been using, moves properly with changing PWM frequency.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mjl7mkaxi7wkmki/AAC0-GJa36MozkVglfeqZSL_a?dl=0

Best Regards,

Nuttapop

Archived