Genesys questions

JColvin

Question

A customer on our website asked the following question:

Dear Sir,
I have your Genesis board with vertex 5. Couple of questions:
1) do you have an evaluation board which includes two DAC channels for use the same board and Vertex 5.
2) Do you have any suggestions for mating connectors.

Thanks

The response is below.

4 answers to this question

Hello,

Digilent does not have any FPGA boards with two dedicated DAC channels. However, you could create a pwm signal in the FPGA as described by the links provided in this thread and a walkthrough on implementing pwm by one of our forum members on this thread.

As for the mating connectors, what sort of things are you hoping to connect on your board? The Pmod host ports or something else?

Thanks,
JColvin

Why not use two PModDA's?  If you have two PMods, and can communicate with both via SPI, you should be able to produce two synchronized DAC waveforms.  Sure, you might need to use a little bit of programmable logic, but there's no reason why the same logic can't drive the SPI clock on both boards.

Dan

The customer followed up from the website:

I followed up on the threads, not quite what I was looking for.

On the Genesys board we are using the VHDC connector with a break-out board to connect to two TI DAC evaluation boards which have a standard 2x16 (0.1") connector. Do you sell mating breakout connectors for VHDC with various connector options on the distal end?

The response is below.

Hello,

You can find all of Digilent's VHDC options on our store here. I'm not certain how stringent your physical requirements are so I don't have a for-sure recommendation to offer.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived