1080i hdmi input with zybo

GandalfWagner

Question

4 answers to this question

I've been wanting to try running this project and build upon it, but ran into another issue with it - it seems that the more recent sample projects use a new distribution method that uses a "create_project.tcl" script to generate a starting point.

Unfortunately Vivado seems to know what version these were made with, and complains if not run with the exact same one:

ERROR: This script was generated using Vivado <2015.4> and is being run in <2016.2> of Vivado. Please run the script in Vivado <2015.4> then open the design in Vivado <2016.2>. 

Given each Vivado install is about 15GB it's not really practical to install the precise version that was used for each sample project just to be able to create the project file... so even if distributing the ready-made .xpr project (as was done with earlier samples e.g. the zybo_base_system) can also have its glitches I'd recommend going back to this since the lifetime of that solution seems to easily reach >1 year instead of 3 months...

Hi Kilrah,

This is a known issue with the tcl script formats that we are using. Fortunately in this case we can change one line in the block design script file to get it to work. Open ZYBO/Projects/hdmi_in/src/bd/system.tcl. On line 13, change 2015.4 to 2016.2 and save it. You should now be able to generate it in 2016.2

Hope this helps!

Archived