Zybo licensing

zynq_tech

Question

I have a Zybo and I've ordered the accessory kit license on 6/28/15 and I have a few questions.

1) I've installed ISE 14.7 and installed the Webpack license. I plan to install the latest Vivado, can I use the same license as I used for the ISE ?

2) If the answer to 1) is yes, I should be able to replace it with the accessory license when it's  delivered, right ? If no, can replace THAT license by the incoming one?

3) I know that I can select the Znyq SOC in ISE, but is there a board file I can add to ISE system, similar to the Vivado toolchain ?

3 answers to this question

Hello znyq_tech,

1. Yes you can use the same licence as the ISE. It's a xilinx license and it works for both Vivado and ISE

2. Yes you will be able to replace the license after it arrives but the Webpack version of Vivado is powerful enough to give you all the functionality you need. I don't know what Vivado are you using or if you have switched yet to Vivado but I recommend you to use Vivado version 2015.4. The 2016 versions of Vivado are not that stable. You can find some bugs that might give you some hard time with your projects.

3. No, there are no board files for ISE, similar with the Vivado Board files.

4. With the 2015.4 the L.A. is included in the webpack license so you won't have to worry about that. And yes you can edit your post by clicking on Edit right below your message.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Best regards,

Bianca 

Hello Bianca,

Thanks for the info ! I am using Vivado 2016.2, and am having problems programming my .bit file. I'll open a new thread, if I don't fix it soon. I'll change to v15.4...and request a RMA for the voucher.

So then, using Zybo with the ISE, I'd have to work with it from the Zynq-chip level since it has no board-level support ?

My 2nd post had an "edit" button right after I posted it, but I see now that it's not there anymore ( only "quote" and "options" )

(corrected the spelling of my display_name)

Edit: Programming problem was a bad micro-USB cable...now host connects to the target ! So many hours wasted...!!?

Archived