Adept Issue

eskl

Question

Hi,

I am using Adept with a Nexys3 board.  I have been using Adept to write a file to the BPI Flash (under the Memory tab on the Adept GUI).  This was using a Dell M4400 running Windows 7.

I am now using a Dell Lattitude E7440 running Windows 7, and Adept doesn’t seem to fully recognize the Nexys3 when connected (it says Connect: Nexys3 and Product: Unknown), and the tabs are different (the Memory tab is no longer an option).

Any idea why this might be happening and where I can look to try to fix it?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

The USB 3.0 should not be an issue because this is backwards compatible.

1. In Adept application Settings tab, open Device Manager and remove existing entries from Device Table, Save and close it.

Having entries with common name, like: Nexys3 might confuse the device access.

2. Make sure to have the latest Adept System installed. Having old version might not support this product.

https://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,66,828&Prod=ADEPT2

3. Please send the log printed in Adept application, like:

===== Digilent Adept  =====
  Adept System  Rev 2.7
  Adept Runtime Rev 2.16
  Adept Application Rev 2.4.2
Copyright © 2010
Loading board information...
Initializing Scan Chain...
Board information loaded.
Found device ID: 34002093
Initialization Complete.
   Device 1: XC6SLX16

So it turns out it was not a problem with the computer, but with the Nexys3 board.  I swapped it out with a spare Nexys3 and it works fine (on both computers).

With the board that is not working, this is what I get (see below).  The weird thing is it seems to recognize that a Nexys3 is connected, but it says Product: Unknown, and it's missing some of the tabs (like Memory).  Any idea what could be wrong with the board that could be causing this to happen?

Loading board information...
Initializing Scan Chain...
Board information loaded.
Found device ID: 44002093
Initialization Complete.
   Device 1: XC6SLX16

Archived