Basys 3 not recognized or operating

JColvin

Question

A customer on our website asked the following question:

Hi,
I've purchased a basys 3 board from your store, but the board isn't recognized by the computer. I've installed the Adept software and the Vivado. Neither recognizes the board. Nothing happens when I plug the board.

I would like to know if I have to install any driver or anything like that.

Thank you

The response is below.

2 answers to this question

Hello,

I presume when you say "that nothing happens when you I plug in the board" that no LEDs on the board light up and the demo that is pre-loaded onto the Basys 3 are working. If this is not the case and the LEDs are lighting up, I recommend checking out this other thread on our forum here: https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/767-drivers-needed-for-basys3/.

But since I presume that nothing is operating for you, I have asked some of our applications about this; they will get back to you here on the forum.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi there,

Have you been able to get either Vivado or Adept to recognize the board? If you haven't could you please explain to me what is happening exactly so I can help you troubleshoot. I would also recommend installing the cable drivers and double checking the USB cable you have to make sure it can transmit data.

lengland

Archived